
Sukabumi Immigration Secures Dozens of Foreign Nationals Involved in Illegal Cyber Network
Sukabumi, KORANTRANSAKSI.com – The Sukabumi Class I Immigration Office (Non-TPI) has secured dozens of foreign nationals suspected of being involved in an illegal cyber network. The foreign nationals were detained on Tuesday (14/4/2026). According to gathered information, they had been residing in a villa in the Palabuhanratu area of Sukabumi.
The location is suspected to have been used as an illegal cyber workspace by the foreign nationals. Daniel Putra, Head of the Immigration Intelligence Subdivision, said the arrests were an initial development by the immigration authorities.
After learning where the foreign nationals were staying, immigration officers moved in and made arrests. Although some managed to flee, they were ultimately detained. “We immediately conducted a sweep after learning that the foreign nationals had fled; as a result, 16 people were secured at several different locations,” Daniel said.
The 16 foreign nationals consist of 15 men and 1 woman. Immigration is continuing to develop the case regarding the detained foreign nationals suspected of conducting illegal cyber activities. “Those detained are undergoing intensive questioning; we are also continuing to coordinate with related agencies to trace possible other networks,” he added.
For additional information, besides detaining the foreign nationals, Sukabumi Immigration also seized several pieces of evidence, including a pickup truck, passports, and electronic devices that were at the site used as the foreign nationals’ base camp in Palabuhanratu. The evidence was confiscated by officers for use in further investigation. (ZIK/TEAM)
Category: IMMIGRATION NEWS